The sixth edition of the US in Progress co-production forum will be held from the 26-28th of October, 2016. This year, invite-only screenings will feature seven projects selected among fifty submissions of independent American feature-length films in the final editing stages.
In addition, Western Wonderland, a new project by last year’s edition alumnus, Reza Sixo Safai, will be presented as a special screening.
Congratulations to the 2016 US in Progress Wrocław participants:
- 20 Weeks by Leena Pendharkar
- An American in Texas by Anthony Pedone
- Desolation by David Moscow
- La Barracuda by Julia Halperin and Jason Cortlund
- Savage Youth by Michael Curtis Johnson
- The Inheritance by Laura Davis and Jessica Kaye
- Untitled Hasidic Film by Joshua Z. Weinstein
- Western Wonderland by Reza Sixo Safai (special screening)
The 2016 US in Progress Wrocław partners who provide in-kind awards of post-production service packages of combined value amounting to $50,000. They are leading Polish sound and image studios:
- Orka (http://www.orkafilm.pl/about/)
- Coloroffon (http://coloroffonfilm.pl/index.php/o-nas/)
- Fixafilm (http://www.fixafilm.pl/en/ )
- Krakow Film Cluster (http://www.film-krakow.pl/pl/)
- Soundmix at Toya Studios (to the value of $20,000) (http://toyastudios.pl/)
- a score composed by Maciej Zielinski from Soundflower Studio (http://www.polishcomposer.com/)
Other awards include an acquisition offer from Ale Kino + and a free pass to Cannes Producers’ Network next year.
The Loner (dir. by Daniel Grove, producer Reza Safai) and The Alchemist Cookbook of last year’s slate had their world premieres in America at Tribeca and SXSW festivals respectively and will screen at this year’s American Film Festival.
Hunky Dory, the latest film from Michael Curtis Johnson and a participant at this year’s US in Progress, will also play at the festival.
To learn more or contact US in Progress please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download US in Progress complete program here.